Pathology Coding Background
- Directed by a nationally renowned pathology coding and reimbursement expert who has worked with many of the nation’s largest academic pathology departments.
- We offer you a team of certified and qualified pathology coding experts.
- Address both anatomic and surgical pathology coding.
- Our pathology coding manager has worked more than 20 years as a certified medical technologist, previously managed a national reference lab and is a Certified Coding Specialist.
Pathology Coding Need
- Shortage of certified coders with extensive training and experience in pathology coding.
- Surgical pathology coding is not intuitive. It requires knowledge of which assays can be billed separately and which cannot be separated from the tissue examination.
- Dictation of tissue sample examinations can often be improved both for billing and medical-legal purposes.
- Pathology coder turnover creates cash flow peaks and valleys.
Pathology Coding Solutions
- 2-to-3 workday turnaround using FedEx/UPS or scanned reports. We can remotely access your pathology information system for your reports.
- All coding will be done in the United States of America by certified coders specializing in pathology.
- Inexpensive way to combat peaks and valleys of coder turnover, vacations or prolonged illness.
- Optimize reimbursement.
- At no additional charge, we will identify and notify you of any deficiencies in the doctors’ reports to help improve your medical records and optimize reimbursement.
- TCN ‘s pathology coding service assures you a team of highly trained pathology coders, removing the trial and error approach.
- Relieves pathology department of coder educational programs and places the expense and training effort with TCN.
- Reduce inadvertent compliance audit medical-legal exposure.
- A comprehensive affordable solution for your pathology coding needs.
Pathology Coding Services
- Ongoing coding services for all or part of your caseload.
- Temporary coding coverage for vacations and sick leave.
- Backlog coding resolution services.
- Physician documentation training services.
- Coding compliance review services.
- Pathology Coding “helpline” services.
- OIG and RAC audit defense.
Latest Blog Posts:
Dermatology Physicians / Practice to Pay $1.9 Million to Settle Overbilling Medicare for E&M Services
Abusers of the Medicare system can sometimes be intentional or not, but the stories that really get significant attention of the public are the ones that highlight healthcare personnel that intentionally over bill Medicare.
There are […]
California State Medicaid Fraud Control Unit: 2015 Onsite Review (OEI-09-15-00070) http://go.usa.gov/cpgj5 Why We Did This Study
OIG oversees all State Medicaid Fraud Control Units (MFCUs or Units). As part of this oversight, OIG conducts […]
Now that ICD-10 has been rolled out, medical coding companies are feeling its effects. The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and its affiliates are having to recreate their processes in order to account for the […]
In a $750,000 HIPAA Settlement, the University of Washington Medicine (UWM) has agreed to settle charges that it potentially violated the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Security Rule by failing to implement […]